Plus qu’hier et bien moins que demain.
I am an amateur photographer from the Midwest, turned Coloradoan, reacclimating to life in Wisconsin.
Among the things I enjoy: inappropriate Prince songs, dichotomous keys, sharing music, old fashioned photo booths, winning games of Cribbage.
Hayley - Empires
It’s been in my head all day, but not in a bad way.
You Really Got A Hold On Me - She & Him
Take It From Me - The Weepies
A few minutes ago, just as the singer sang “flowers,” I was scrolling down my tumblr feed and came across a flower. I suppose the odds are higher than normal folks, seeing as I take tons of flower photos and look at quite a few, but still. One of those strange moments.
(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace Love and Understanding - Elvis Costello
Props to my mom for this one.
Peace In The Valley - Dawes
On repeat, in the car.
Singing In My Sleep - Semisonic
Survey: 30 Questions About My 30 Top Artists.
1. How did you get into 29?
There’s no 29 but a tie for 28, so the lower one.. Lucky Boys Confusion. Probably had to do with Haddie or seeing them with someone else. Also, they played in my hometown a lot when they started out; everyone loved them. Actually, it was Marco and a trip to Chicago and a birthday present.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
The Starting Line “Best of Me” through watching Yahoo! music videos in middle school.
3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
Number One Fan - two copies of Compromises and one of Unreleased. I loved them.
4. What is your favorite song by 15?
Kings of Leon - probably “Ragoo” or “I Want You” or “Use Somebody”
5. What is your favorite song by 5?
Better Than Ezra… “Rollin’”
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
I listen to Bon Iver mostly when I go to sleep. I guess “Skinny Love” does. Yeah.
7. What is your favorite song by 10?
The Weakerthans have too many songs I love. Watermark, Plea from a Cat Named Virtue, The Reasons…
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
The Rocket Summer.. dancing with a boy to “Brat Pack” the first time I heard it. :)
9. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?
Jason Mraz, “You and I Both” is good.
10. How many times have you seen 25 live?
Dawes—once and it was spectacular. Their live show is so powerful, they reinvigorated (if that’s a word..) my love for music. It’s hard to get passionate about new bands these days. Seeing them again in 2 weeks!
11. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?
Jeff Buckley’s “Hallelujah” in a movie probably. Otherwise, “Lover You Should Have Come Over” from someone’s muxtape page.
12. What is your favorite album by 11?
Taylor Swift’s newer one.
13. Who is a favorite member of 1?
Clutch from Something Corporate. Oh yeah. Ok, really, Andrew McMahon.
14. Have you ever seen 14 live?
The Matches, at least 4 times. They kill live.
15. What is a good memory involving 27?
Bishop Allen. I don’t really have any! For shame. Uhh, watching Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist?
16. What is your favorite song by 16?
Alkaline Trio - “I’m Dying Tomorrow” among others…
17. What is your favorite album by 18?
Less Than Jake - Hello Rockview, basically encompasses my teen years and getting my license and several joy rides.
18. What is your favorite song by 21?
The Format. I still really like First Single but also Time Bomb. They are so consistently good, it’s hard to choose.
19. What is the first song you ever heard by 26?
Motion City Soundtrack - “The Future Freaks Me Out” thanks to Marco, again.
20. What is your favorite album by 2?
Death Cab for Cutie. Plans or Narrow Stairs.
21. What is you favorite song by 3?
The Honorary Title - “Cats In Heat” or “Dilute” or “Disengage”
22. What is you favorite song by 8?
“A Day Late” by Anberlin.
23. How many times have you seen 17 live?
All American Rejects, just once or twice at Warped Tour. They kinda sucked live as I recall. I definitely saw Tyson Ritter running down a path being chased by both security and lots of girls.
24. What is the worst song by 12?
I won’t deem a song by the Lawrence Arms as worst.
25. What was the first song you ever heard by 28?
G. Love & Special Sauce - I’m not sure… probably “Milk & Cereal” or “Cold Beverage” or “Booty Call”
26. What is you favorite album by 7?
Saves the Day - Stay What You Are!!!!!!
27. What is your favorite song by 24?
“Trouble” or “Shelter” by Ray Lamontagne
28. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy?
Jack’s Mannequin: all songs.
29. What is your favorite album by 4?
Andrew Bird. Armchair Apocrpha just because it’s one of those rare albums that I can enjoy straight through, repeatedly.
30. How many albums do you own by 20?elohbee:chevalier:phoebejeebies:marlyyyyy:hollyhannah
The Format - 2.
July, July! - The DecemberistsIt never seemed so strange
Ahh, I wanted to post this on the first but couldn’t find it.
250 playsFuneral Face
1000 Julys - Third Eye Blind